What is Pharmacogenomics?
Pharmacogenomics, abbreviated PGx, is the study of how your genes affect your body’s response to certain medications. Genes hold a lot of information and are inhered from your biological parents. They make up your unique genetic information. Your genetic information determines everything about you, including characteristics such as eye color, hair color, and blood type. Genes can also influence how you respond to medication.
Depending upon your individual genetic make-up, some medications may work faster, or slower, or you may be more likely to have side effects. Pharmacogenomics Testing, or PGx Testing, can help your health care team understand how you may respond to mediations before you even take the first dose!
What is included in the Phillips Family Pharmacy Pharmacogenomics (PGx) Program:
1. OneOme® Right Med® PGx Test
2. 30 Minute One-on-One Consult with our Clinically Trained Pharmacogenomics Pharmacist
- Explanation of Pharmacogenomics
- In-depth review your results
- Comparison of your results to your response(s) to current, past, and potential future medications
- Individualized plan (any necessary recommendations will be sent to your provider(s))
3. Copy of your results
4. Continual support with this life-long information